My goal as your tech editor is to provide you with edits and corrections that ensure you have the best version of your pattern possible. I work with designers to create the most professional looking, easy-to-read patterns while honoring each designer’s personal style. I have studied and incorporated the industry standards set forth by the Craft Yarn Council so I am familiar with how professional pattern companies expect their patterns to be written. That’s the quality I will bring to my work for you, the designer.
Examples of what may be included:
- Check all numbers such as stitch counts
- Crochet charts – Do the written instructions match the chart provided with the pattern? I can also create a chart from written instructions using Stitchworks software.
- Check stitch counts and all math to ensure the numbers match the schematics
- Style sheet – Create one if none exists; ensure that all aspects of pattern follow parameters of style sheet
- Proofread for grammar, punctuation, and general style components
- Ensure all necessary information is included and correct (materials needed, gauge, finished measurements, etc.)
If you are interested in having me edit one of your designs, please fill out the contact form. I’ll be back in touch to start the conversation!